- What exactly is this field for?
- What format is the "tag" supposed to be in?
- Does the recipient see it? Does this info survive a snapshot?
It just adds an user-defined tag to your transaction.
It contains 27 trytes (=uppercase ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ and the number 9)
- If you enter "MY9CUSTOM9TAG" the actual tag will be
- If you leave the field empty, the tag will be
- The recipient sees it.
- It can be viewed in Tangle explorers (like thetangle.org)
- It does not survive snapshots but you can still look at it in Tangle explorers that support viewing transactions before snapshots
- If you want to quickly find your transaction you can add a tag (e.g.
BRENT9BUTLER) to your transactions and search by tag in a Tangle explorer
- You can leave friendly messages with your transfers